Best Pizza Places in San Diego California
The Best Pizza Places in San Diego
* hile New York and Chicago continue to have their childish shouting matches over who makes the exceptional pizza, we’ll simply be down here enjoying some of the finest cheese and crust creations in the USA — and we’ll in all likelihood head to the seashore later on because, well, we can. San Diego has no shortage of pizza locations serving up various takes on the traditional childhood foodstuff, from no-frills slice shops to tavern-style eating places with ideal pie/pint pairings, and it’s time absolutely everyone else realized it. Here are the pleasant rattling locations to consume pizza in San Diego.
*Local favorite serving Neapolitan-style pies
* This local preferred with a comfortable outpost in South Park and a big new vicinity in Liberty Station offers three dozen special pies prepared to crush your car and cheese cravings (all of which can be made gluten-free). You simply can’t make an awful call, whether or not you go for something easy like the Margherita or try something greater unusual, like the Agenese, which is loaded with porcini mushrooms, shrimp, scallop, ricotta, and mozzarella. Pro tip: Hold onto the olive oil and balsamic from bread service, as you’ll want a puddle of it to drag your crusts through. Place is an awesome establishment to hold a bachelor party with some fine women San Diego strippers to entertain all your guests.
*Well-rounded Italian spot the use of an area of expertise pizza dough
* The pizza makers at this hopping Italian restaurant owned by way of the equal group behind Bencotto invested some serious dedication into crafting the perfect pizza dough. Made with yeast and flour imported from Italy, it slowly ferments for 4 days before it’s stretched, topped, and baked in a brick-lined fuel oven. The Bencotto pizza — with ricotta, mozzarella, and the equal pink pancetta sauce that tops noodles next door — deserves a spot on your must-eat list.
* Classic & reliable NY-style slices
This beloved slice save is regarded for classic, NY-style pies that clobber your starvation with the electricity of a heavyweight. The Whitestone (a white pie with mozzarella, garlic, and dollops of creamy herbed ricotta cheese) is a must, but so are the calzones and residence specialties like the triple-threat Porko (pepperoni, sausage, and meatballs), so it’ll probably take a few visits to discover your favorite. The no-frills seating area is exceptional for a quick bite, however, if you desire a full pie, it’s higher to call beforehand for a fresh one to-go. There’s no delivery, and the parking situation is a permanent ache in the butt, however, pies this right are well worth the trouble.
*Go-to near UCSD for the deep dish (or NY-style)
* Regents deserve props for doing many things very well. There’s an excellent draft list, alongside with beneficial appetizers like scorching warm wings and a bacon plate, plus all manner of salads and sandwiches… however, the pizza is the place it genuinely shines, of course. You can get an entire pie if you’re willing to wait, or head immediately to the slice case for instantaneous gratification. There are many different sorts of NY-style and Chicago deep-dish pies right here (a rarity!), so the only accountable component is to get one of each.
*Cucina Urbana and Cucina Enoteca
* Elegant sister restaurants with accelerated pizza and robust wine lists
* When you favor an excellent night out but aren’t prepared to pass your pizza craving, this duo of eating places is the perfect compromise. The thin-crust pies baked in a 600-degree oven have a tendency to lean slightly cheffy, but acquainted flavors make sure they’re in no way too precious. The pancetta and Brussels sprouts (a béchamel sauce pie with fontina, pink onion, roasted garlic, and chili) is a fantastic choice. Want something extra traditional? The spicy coppa (a purple sauce pie with spicy salami, house-made mozzarella, pepperoncini, Calabrian chili, and basil) is like a grown-up pepperoni pizza.
*Casual mini-chain for Roman-style pizza by the square
* High standards and a dedication to perfection in the small print tightly closed this Roman-style pizza shop’s recognition as one of the top destinations for pizza in San Diego. The rectangular slices are crafted from a dough that takes three days to develop, resulting in a crisp and ethereal crust that is less difficult to digest than your trendy NYC-style pie. Premium toppings like homemade basil pesto, truffle paste, and natural poultry seal the deal. The quality plan of attack is to pair up with an associate and pattern various varieties, like the Bapo, truffle porcini and polls e pesto.
*Blind Lady Ale House
*Cozy craft beer bar with wood-fired pies
* Thin-crust pies with crisp, blistered edges and a notable selection of brews keep this Normal Heights pizzeria busy. It should come as no shock to hear we wish there used to be some other region (or locations) in the works. For now, we’re extra than completely satisfied with the cheese-heaped Quattro formaggi and meat lovers’ pies topped with house-made sausage and chorizo.
*Slice keep for Sicilian and NY-style pizza
* Sicilian-style pizza is hard to locate in San Diego, but nobody does it better than this longstanding saves in North Park. Don’t be fooled via the modest digs: Aside from perfecting the namesake style, it also does a bang-up job on New York-style pies. Not positive what to order? The Sicilian-style Almost Lasagna, named one of the eight high-quality pizzas in the city, is a superb pick. Daily specials like the $6 slice-and-a-beer deal on Tuesdays inspire mid-week pizza consumption, while everyday costs are so reasonable that it makes feel to order one pie of each fashion and diagram on plenty of leftovers.